“And Jesus said to them, I am the bread of life. He who comes to me shall never hunger and
he who believes in me shall never thirst.” - John 6:35 (NKJV)
What is a Benevolence Ministry?
The benevolence ministry of World Outreach Worship Center (WOWC) is an ongoing outreach ministry
developed to address specific needs, services and/or emerging issues to our local congregation,
our neighborhood down the street and in the community.
Our mission is to help meet the needs of those who are hungry and hurting spiritually, physically and emotionally. Following are some areas that the benevolence ministry assists in:
- Emergency Food Pantry (Call the office at 757-874-1223 for hours)
- Food Distribution – Every Tuesday from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Monthly USDA Distribution – 3rd Thursday from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Benevolence Assistance
- Visiting Shut-ins or Hospitalized
- Financial Counseling and Budgeting
- Community Events/Outreaches
Nehemiah's Nook is a community feeding and clothing outreach in which WOWC volunteers serve monthly to minister to both the physical and spiritual needs of the homeless and less fortunate in our community. The following are organizations that we partner with and support:
- Southeastern Correctional Ministry
- Youth Challenge
- Peninsula Rescue Mission
- Peninsula Care and Pregnancy Center
- Peninsula Habitat for Humanity
- Gathering of Men
- Teen Challenge
- Nehemiah Nook
- The Center for Child & Family Services
- Pet Pantry
- Pampers Pantry
For more information on how you can help support the benevolence ministry, please contact:
Pastor Terrie Council
Phone: (757) 369-4893